This event is now over, however the information below has been retained for the time being in case participants require a copy for their records.
An ECAWA Saturday Morning Workshop
Presented by Yvonne Harrison
On Saturday 17th of February 2018 at Singleton Primary School
In this half day workshop, participants will learn about how VR and AR tools can be utilised in the classroom to enrich understanding of the Digital Technologies Curriculum.
- Hear how VR and AR tools can be a vehicle for critical and creative thinking.
- Look at the systems and computational thinking involved in developing VR projects.
- Discover the ways in which VR can help the prototyping within the design process.
- Observe data representation in different formats.
- See the types of projects which can be created with cross-curriculum links.
- Work to design your own system using the coding tools embedded within this environment.
To get the most from this workshop you will need to supply your full name and correct email address when you book. This will enable the organiser to arrange for school network access for you in advance. DOE employees please give your DOE email address.
The software being used is web based and will run through Windows 365 or Google accounts if you wish to link it. (This worked for DOE students using 365 log ons in CoSpacesEDU)
Create Your Own 3D VR Projects
Presenter: Yvonne Harrison
Time: 9.00am – 12.00pm (morning tea available)
Venue: Singleton Primary School
Cost: Members – $25.00 (inc GST) Non Members – $71.50 (inc GST and membership of ECAWA)
Tickets: Tickets are limited so please book in early to avoid disappointment. Tickets must be purchased in advance, and are available from http://bit.ly/ECAWAPLTickets
Parking and Access: There is a major car park on Naval Avenue side of the school grounds and parking outside the school gates is also available.
Queries: email email@example.com
Resources: Workshop participants may use the password provided by the presenter to access resources at https://ecawa.wa.edu.au/professional_learning/create-your-own-3d-vr-projects-resources/