This ECAWA Update was sent to members registered email addresses:
A Message to ECAWA Members
- On Tuesday the 29th of August, from 4.00pm, Chris Anderson will offer you a professional learning opportunity “An Introduction to using SQLite with Python”.
This MasterClass follows on from last month’s “Managing Data with SQLite” and will introduce participants to using SQLite with Python.
SQLite is a full featured and self-contained SQL database engine that is highly portable and does not require the use of a server. Supported by a wide range of programming languages, including Python, it is the perfect vehicle for teaching database development in an interesting and realistic manner.
To claim your free ticket please sign up at https://bit.ly/SQLite_with_Python
There are limited places available in this masterclass, so if, after you have signed up you find that your availability changes, and you are no longer able to come along, please email email@example.com so that your place can be made available to someone else.
- The ECAWA 2023 State Conference in the Term Three school holidays is fast approaching. Please save the dates now – #ECAWA2023 State Conference: Thursday the 5th and Friday the 6th of October.
Conference tickets will be available later this week. Thanks to the support of Christ Church Grammar School, in generously allowing us to use their wonderful facilities, and the work of our volunteers, we have been able to keep the cost as low as in 2022.
Member 1 Day Thursday – $40.00
Member 1 Day Friday – $40.00
Member 2 Day (same member on Thursday and Friday) – $70.00
Student Member 1 Day Thursday – $35.00
Student Member 1 Day Friday – $35.00
Student Member 2 Day (same student member on Thursday and Friday) – $65.00
Non Member 1 Day Thursday – $111.50
Non Member 1 Day Friday – $111.50
Non Member 2 Day (same member on Thursday and Friday) – $141.50
As always, more information will be sent out as it becomes available, so remember to check ECAWeb for updates at https://ecawa.wa.edu.au/conferences/2023-state-conference/
- Will YOU be presenting at the #ECAWA 2023 State Conference?
There are still some places for presentations available, so make your offer now so that it can be included in the programme! Complete the Presenters and Presentations form as soon as possible. See https://bit.ly/ECAWA2023_Presentations
- Do you have a colleague who should be nominated for an #ECAWA Award? Nominations for the ECAWA Awards are due to be received by 5.00pm on Tuesday the 5th of September, 2023. Please see https://ecawa.wa.edu.au/awards/ for full information, including categories, nomination forms, and contact firstname.lastname@example.org well in advance if you have any queries.
- ELSA: STEM in Schools Expression of Interest (EOI) portal is live!
The ELSA: STEM in Schools team at the University of Canberra are inviting primary school teachers and administrators to submit an EOI form on their website at https://elsaschools.edu.au/
The program is for children in the first three years of schooling (Foundation, Year 1, and Year 2).
There is a lot of information about this opportunity on the website, and a copy of their press release is an ECAWeb at https://ecawa.wa.edu.au/news/
- The Game Changer Awards:Project submission close on 22nd September 2023 at 5pm. To enter, click on the “Register Here” button found on every page of the website https://www.gamechangerawards.com.au/entries/
Applications for the Game Changer Awards Regional Travel Subsidy (GCARTS) provides a funding subsidy to assist teams/students who reside in regional Western Australian with out-of-pocket travel and accommodation costs to compete at the GCA State Finals and Awards Ceremony which is being held on Thursday, 2nd November 2023 at Edith Cowan University Sport and Fitness Centre in Joondalup also close on 22nd September 2023 at 5pm. See https://www.gamechangerawards.com.au/entries/
- Please ensure that your ECAWA membership is still financial. Remember that while some memberships fall due for renewal at the end of March, others are due to be renewed at the end of September. Check your last Tax Invoice to see your renewal date, See https://bit.ly/ECAWA-JoinRenew
- LOGIN Light:You may have noticed that you have not been receiving LOGIN Light this term. Unfortunately the platform we have been using for LOGIN Light has closed, and we are trying to source an alternative. If you know of a good product that we could try, please contact Secretary@ecawa.wa.edu.au Until we find a good replacement, please stay up to date with what ECAWA is doing by checking https://ecawa.wa.edu.au/news/
President – ECAWA