- to understand the electronics and coding of a smart house
- to learn about how .dxf files can be made and cut using a laser cutter
- to know about different electrical components of a smart house
- to experience working collaboratively on a project that can be taken into your classroom
- to develop the coding skills to operate electrical components of a smart house
Consider: 2.1, 2.3, 2.6, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 4.5, 5.1, 6.2, 6.3, 7.4
Participants are expected to bring and work on their own computers.
WiFi access will be provided at the venue.
Those interested in Years 7 – 12
15 tickets will be available.
Saturday the 8th of June
9:00am – Registration
9:30am – An introduction to the Smart House concept and how you can create one using Arduinos and electrical components. Included in the introduction is an overview of the design process taken by students to create a model smart house.
10:00am – Morning Tea (provided)
10:30am – This session will begin with an overview of the Simpson House kit and how to laser cut it. It will then progress to look at the Arduino SIK Guide, as well as how you can easily integrate these circuits into a model smart house.
12:30pm – Lunch (provided)
1:30pm – 3:30pm – A continuation of the integration of Arduino circuits into a model smart house, as well as how to adjust the C++ code of the SIK Guide to suite our model design.
Ashdale Secondary College Room: Tech 2 (Side entrance on MacDonagh Avenue)
About the Presenter:
Tickets for the Perth Masterclasses and the Carnival Dinner may be selected at http://bit.ly/ECAWA2019Carnival_Perth_Tickets
Scroll down and choose the appropriate tickets.
Join Stephen Warwick at the ECAWA 2019 Carnival of Computing on Saturday the 8th of June.